Car tyres are one of the most important safety features on your car
If you think about it they provide the only point of contact between your car and the road and as such they are vital in allowing you to steer, brake and accelerate safely.
Did you know?
- Recent AA statistics estimate that 1 in 10 British motorists drive with at least one illegal tyre
- 90% of all vehicles on the road have incorrect tyre pressure which can badly affect braking and steering safety
- Fuel economy and environmental pollution are adversely affected by incorrect tyre pressure
- If you don't check your spare tyre it can become illegal or under-inflated
- You can receive a fine of £2500 and 3 penalty points for each illegal tyre on your car
Leask Motors Tyre Service
As you can see some of the above statistics are quite shocking, particularly as most drivers completely unaware of them.
Here at Leask Motors we always encourage our customers to take tyre safety very seriously. We recommend that tyres are checked every week when they are cold particularly for pressure and tread depth. The legal limit is 1.6mm but once the tread depth reaches 3mm it is 78% worn so it is best to replace your tyre as wet weather stopping distances can be seriously compromised.